Monday, September 20, 2010

Decor on a budget!

So I need some cute decorative home goods for a bathroom and I decided to do it my Green Digs way and shop thrifty and green, so I went to my neighborhood thrift store and bought...


Fake plants


Tiny old wooden mirrors

I also bought some tiny rocks, and a glass bowl. I had a shadow box frame and paint on hand. 

So I took the fake plant stalk in pic #1 and put it into the bowl, filled it with rocks to hold it in place and then I carefully took apart the other plant bundle and made a small bouquet in the middle. Took me all of 20 minutes and this is what it turned out to be!



I then painted the two small mirrors with black paint that I had on hand (Don't forget to tape off the mirror, don't want paint getting everywhere) Here's the finished gems!



Heh, sorry about the finger prints. 

And then I took the shadow box I had on hand and cut off some of the plants from fake plant bundle #2 and put it into the shadow box frame. I wanted to take advantage of the 3D effect shadow box frames allow you to play with.







Fake Plants- $3.99
Glass Bowl- $1.99
Rocks-         $1.99
Mirrors-       $2.99
Total-          $11.96

And I will update with how they look in there new home (all assembled) when I can. Thanks again for checking out Green Digs!

-The Green One

No comments:

Post a Comment